Linux installation instructions
Download the AppImage and type the following:
chmod +x marktext-0.12.25-x86_64.AppImage
- Now you can decide whether you want to install Mark Text (yes) or just execute it (no).
You cannot really install a AppImage. It’s just a file which can be integrated with your desktop environment. The only thing you have to do is to execute Mark Text and click
Yes on dialog.
- Delete AppImage file
- Delete your user settings:
Custom launch script
- Save AppImage somewhere. Let’s say
chmod +x ~/bin/marktext.AppImage
Create a launch script:
#!/bin/bash DESKTOPINTEGRATION=0 ~/bin/marktext.AppImage
Extract application (not recommended)
- Move Mark Text into another location:
mkdir ~/bin/marktext && mv squashfs-root/app/* ~/bin/marktext
- Mark Text is always integrated into desktop environment after updating
Download snap file and execute
sudo snap install --classic --dangerous marktext_0.12.25_amd64.snap.
Please note that snappy packages may not work on not Debian-based distros and SELinux distros.
- Library problems on SELinux distros (even if SELinux is disabled) and not Debian-based distros.
- User directories (like documents and downloads) are always saved under the english name.